This Easy Chocolate Banana Biscuit Dessert is a celebration of simplicity and decadence. Each layer tells a story of velvety chocolate, creamy buttercream, and the satisfying crunch of biscuits.
The addition of bananas adds a fruity freshness, balancing the richness of the chocolate.
Top it off with a luscious chocolate ganache and your favorite decorations for a Christmas dessert that not only tastes divine but also looks like a work of art.
There’s something magical about the combination of chocolate, bananas and biscuits that elevates any dessert to a whole new level.
If you’re looking for a show-stopping treat that’s surprisingly easy to make, our Easy Chocolate Banana Biscuit Dessert is the answer to your sweet cravings.
This Chocolate Banana Biscuit Dessert is perfect for gatherings or a special treat for your loved ones.
This dessert is proof that you don’t need complicated recipes to create something extraordinary.
So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and indulge in the blissful experience of creating and savouring this Easy Chocolate Banana Biscuit Dessert.
With a symphony of flavours and textures, this dessert is sure to become a family favorite.
Ingredients need to make this Chocolate Banana Biscuit Dessert:
- Petit Beurre Biscuits
For the Chocolate Buttercream:
- Unsalted butter
- Icing sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Sea salt
- Metaxa brandy
To wet the Biscuits:
- Milk or Cream (I used milk)
- Brandy or other liqueur (optional)
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Couverture chocolate
- Dried strawberries or other red dried fruit
- Colourful candies and sprinkles
- Candy canes
- Chocolate Buttercream:
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa powder in your mixer bowl, then mix with butter, brandy, vanillin, and salt until creamy. You can use this buttercream to decorate cakes, cupcakes and many other desserts.
- Milk Mixture:
- Mix warm milk with brandy. Line a 22 x 22 cm bowl with parchment paper. The dimensions of the bowl is only indicative. You can use any size of bowl you like. The addition of brandy is optional and you can leave it out if you are making the dessert for children.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate buttercream at the bottom.
- Dip Petit Beurre Biscuits in the milk mixture and layer them in a flat bowl.
- Add chocolate buttercream and sliced bananas between the layers.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate ganache cools.
- Chocolate Ganache:
- Heat the milk or cream in a double bath, add the chocolate, and stir until melted. Mix in the butter until glossy. Let it cool.
- Remove the dessert from the fridge, invert onto a serving dish, and remove the parchment paper.
- Pour the chocolate ganache on top.
- Express your creativity by decorating with dried strawberries or other red fruit, colourful candies, and candy canes.
- Final Touch:
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavours meld.
- 2 packets of Petit Beurre Biscuits
- 2 medium ripe banana
- 250 grams unsalted butter
- 200 grams sifted icing sugar
- 50 grams sifted cocoa powder
- 1 vanillin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp Metaxa brandy
- 3/4 cup of warm milk (not hot)
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 125 grams couverture
- 100 grams milk or heavy cream
- 50 grams butter
- Dried strawberries
- Colourful candies and sprinkles
- Candy canes
- Sift the icing sugar and the cocoa powder.
- Put it in the mixer bowl together with the butter and on low whisk until the icing sugar is absorbed by the butter
- Add the brandy, vanillin and salt and gradually increase the speed and whisk for five minutes, until creamy.
- Put the milk in a bowl and add some brandy. Alternatively you can add some Baileys cream.
- Line a square 22 x 22 cm flat bowl or Pyrex with parchment paper Cut the paper with a pair of scissors at each corner.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate buttercream on the bottom of your lined bowl.
- Quickly dip the biscuits one at a time in the milk mixture and lay them in the flat bowl until all the surface is covered.
- Add some of the chocolate buttercream on top.
- Chop two ripe bananas and put a slice on each biscuit.
- Continue dipping the biscuits in the milk and add a second layer.
- Add some more buttercream and some slices of bananas.
- Repeat with a third layer of biscuits and bananas.
- Finish by adding a fourth layer of biscuits.
- Cover with cling film on top and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Put the milk in a bain Mari (double bath) and when it becomes warm, add the chocolate Mix until the chocolate melts Add the butter and mix
until glossy Set aside to cool.
- Take the dessert out of the fridge and remove the cling film Put a serving dish on top and reverse
the dessert Remove the parchment paper.
- Finally pour the chocolate ganache on top.
- Decorate as you like and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Each packet has 32 biscuits, I used 48.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 324Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 60mgSodium 94mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 22gProtein 2g
"These values are automatically calculated and offered for guidance only. Their accuracy is not guaranteed."
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,