Ferrero Rocher is a cake made with chocolate sponge, filled with a cream cheese chocolate ferrero rocher filling and topped with chocolate ganache.
Still haven’t decided what to make for a special occasion such as a birthday? How about you give this amazing cake a try!
We all know how wonderful Ferrero Rocher chocolates are, so you don’t need me telling you that this Ferrero Rocher Cake is good!
Step 1: Prepare the sponge cake
I made the Sockerkaka sponge. This time I made a “Chokladsockerkaka” (Chocolate sponge) by subsituting 50 grams flour with 50 grams cocoa powder.
It is best to make the sponge from the previous day as you will be able to cut it into slices much easier.
Step 2: Prepare the filling
I made a cream cheese chocolate frosting with Nutella.
In 2/3 of the frosting I added some crushed Ferrero Rocher chocolates and kept some without in order to cover the top.
Step 3: Assemble the cake
Put the first slice of sponge in the platter and wet it with some syrup. I used some leftover bergamot syrup but you can use any other flavoured syrup you have.
Place the outer rim again around the sponge and spread half of the frosting.
Repeat with the second piece of sponge, some syrup and the remaining frosting.
Wet the third piece of sponge and add it on top.
Refrigerate the cake as well as the reserved frosting for half an hour.
Remove the ring from the cake and add the frosting on top.
Tip for piping the cream cheese frosting: Refrigerate the frosting inside the piping bag prior to piping. The cream cheese frosting holds its shape much better when it’s piped cold.
Step 4: Prepare the ganache
While the cake is resting in the fridge, prepare the Ganache. When it cools but it still is runny, add it on top, letting it drip to the sides.
Finally pipe some rosettes around the cake and decorate with the Ferrero Rocher Chocolates.
Chocolate Sockerkaka Sponge:
- 150 grams butter
- 200 ml water
- 6 large eggs
- 320 grams sugar
- 2 vanillins
- ½ tsp salt
- 270 grams all-purpose flour
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp baking powder
Chocolate Cream Cheese Nutella Buttercream:
- 250 grams unsalted butter
- 300 grams cream cheese
- 100 grams sifted cocoa powder
- 250 grams powdered sugar
- 50 grams heavy whipping cream
- 2 orange vanillins or 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 80 grams Nutella (or Merenda)
- 7 Ferrero Rocher chocolates, crushed
- 125 grams chocolate
- 125 grams heavy cream
- 1 tsp honey
- 9 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates for decoration
- 6 tablespoons of bergamot syrup to wet the sponge
Or make your own syrup with:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Prepare the Chocholate Sockerkaka sponge cake, preferably from the previous day.
- Cut it in three equal slices and wet them with some syrup If you are making it from scratch boil the sugar with water for 5 minutes and add the lemon juice Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the frosting: Cut the butter into smaller pieces. Beat the butter for 1-2 minutes until it is slightly softened.
- Then add the cream cheese and cream them together for 2-3 minutes until they are fluffy and free of lumps Scrape down the bowl occasionally.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Next, add the heavy cream and the icing sugar and beat for a minute until completely smooth Mix in the Nutella.
- Reserve 1/3 of the frosting to add it on top and in the remaining mix in the crushed Ferrero Rocher chocolates.
- Put the sponge in the platter, place the outer rim again and spread the frosting within the two layers. Refrigerate the cake and remaining frosting for half
- Remove the rim from the cake and add the frosting on top and on the side.
- Prepare the Ganache and when it cools, add it on top, letting it drip to the sides.
- Pipe some rosettes on top and on the base (if any leftover) and decorate with the Ferrero Rocher chocolates.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 967Total Fat 57gSaturated Fat 32gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 210mgSodium 583mgCarbohydrates 103gFiber 5gSugar 71gProtein 13g
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!