These Chocolate brownies, are one of America’s favorite baked treats. These homemade brownies are easy to make, rich in chocolate flavour, they are crunchy on the outside and fudgy in the middle.
The brownie is classified as a bar cookie rather than a cake.
Would you believe that I have never made Brownies before? Well actually there are a lot of things I have not yet made and I am learning every day lots of new things.
I now know the difference between cookies and biscotti but now that I’ve made the brownies, my son tells me that although they are perfect they remind him of mud cake, which he tried in Australia. Is he right?
I have never made mud cake before so I wouldn’t know the difference.
Anyway they tasted F A N T A S T I C !!!
I whipped up a heavy cream and made a lovely raspberry sauce to go with it.
I have now realized that when I like something a lot, I keep making it over and over again until I find something new to experiment with.
This time I have been making a lot of recipes with pistachios and after google searching for brownies and pistachio I found Michelle’s recipe which sounded great.
I made a bigger batch with a few changes to the recipe.
Although Michelle says it makes 15, according to the amount of ingredients I used, I should have made at least twice but as you may see I only made 20 and believe me one piece was not enough.
Instead of adding dark chocolate, I used milk chocolate and added less sugar.
As usual, I did not stick to the method but followed a different approach in making the brownies.
Finally, I forgot to add the pistachios in the mixture, so I just sprinkled some on top before baking it.
Update: I’ve made them many times since then with or without nuts.
I served them with whipped cream, raspberry sauce and more pistachios on top. You can also serve them with ice cream.
Check out my Blondies recipe.
When I was in France I really enjoyed raspberries on cakes and desserts, so I tried to recreate a sauce to serve with desserts.
I had bought a berry syrup from France which I used together with a raspberry fruit preserve and raspberry jam.
I made this sauce a couple of weeks ago and used half of it on a cheesecake and preserved the remaining in the refrigerator.
1 Bonne Maman Raspberry jam
1 raspberry (framboises) fruit preserve with syrup
5 tablespoons of blackcurrant syrup
Add all ingredients in a small frying pan.
Bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce thickens.
When done there still will be chunks of raspberries in the sauce.
If you don’t like having chunks of fruit in the sauce, you can puree it with a hand blender.
I am sending this recipe to Holler, of Tinned Tomatoes, who is hosting this month’s No Croutons Required. This month’s theme is a Taste of Christmas with either a picture of food, Christmas decorations, a wintery scene or maybe even your Christmas tree.
My cat Lisa and I wish all of you A Merry Christmas!!!
- 250 grams milk chocolate
- 250 grams butter
- 400 grams granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 125 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 200 grams unsalted roasted pistachios
- Line a 38×32cm baking tin with baking parchment, allowing the paper to come 2 cm above the tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / gas mark 4.
- Roast the nuts in the preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the butter and chocolate in a bain Marie. When it has almost melted, remove from the heat and stir until it completely melts as we do not want the chocolate to be hot.
- Beat the eggs with sugar until white and frothy and gradually add the melted chocolate, a spoonful at a time, while mixer is still on.
- Turn off the mixer and fold in the other ingredients with a spatula, until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared tin and sprinkle 2/3 of the nuts on top of the mixture and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 30 minutes or until it is slightly springy in the middle.
- Take the brownies out of the oven and allow them to cool for 15 minutes before
cutting them into the shape and size you prefer.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 332Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 76mgSodium 258mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 2gSugar 27gProtein 5g
"These values are automatically calculated and offered for guidance only. Their accuracy is not guaranteed."
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!