Lavender-Lemon Shortbread Cookies are so aromatic and these two ingredients pair well with each other as well as with mint. They are buttery and rich in flavour and if you are a fan of lemony desserts, you will love them.
They are just perfect with a cup of Greek coffee or a hot cup of tea, if you prefer!
I used to think that eating lavender would be a bit too strange for my taste buds as in Greece the only use we had of lavender was to put it in our drawers to prevent moth from destroying our winter clothes, but how wrong was I! 🙂
Last year I dried my own lavender and when I tried them in cookies for the first time, the flavor was so unique and so lovely that since them I have been hoooked and make them over and over again!
- You must make sure that you use edible lavender which you either dry yourselves or buy in heath food stores.
- When out of the oven they are still soft but will firm up as they cool.
- If you want to cut the dough with cookie cutters, divide the dough into two balls, wrap them with cling film and flatten until it becomes a 3 cm thick block (about 1 inch) and refrigerate. You then roll the dough on a non-stick surface after covering them with cling film or between two sheets of parchment paper, until it reaches 1 cm thick and then cut them to the shape you like. Refrigerate them again before baking. Leftover pieces are used again following the same procedure.
- The preparation time mentioned in the recipe is that for making it into a roll and cutting it with a knife. More time is need when using cookie cutters. .
- They can be served as they are or fill them with Lemon Buttercream, Lemon Curd or just Marmalade or Jam.
Some times I leave them just with the two flavours of lemon and lavender or add some chocolate chips, white or dark or both or chocolate shavings or some raisins or dried mint.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 7mg Carbohydrates: 10g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g
Like this post?
You can hover over this image to pin it to your Pinterest board. Also, please feel free to share it with your friends and fellow bloggers, using the share tools below.
Other relevant recipes:
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!