These Vegetable Fritters are made with zucchini, carrots, and potato. They are great for lunch or as an appetizer and you will not be able to stop at one!
Vegetable fritters are so easy to make and a good way to use some leftover veggies in your fridge.
Did I hear you saying that your chidren don’t like vegetables?
Well, they won’t even notice that you have hidden them inside these fritters and you’ll see they will devour them in no time!
Make sure to have some feta and Greek yoghurt to whip up this delicious dip to accompany them.
They are also great the next day to take with you to work.
Unlike my other recipe for Veggie Burgers, where the vegetables were first cooked, this time all the ingredients were used raw. Whichever you choose to make, they are both delicious!
At the end of the post you will find a new Dip with Feta and Greek Yoghurt to accompany these fritters.
An easy dip which you can pair with an assortment of vegetables or spread it on vegetable fritters or meat burgers, with grilled meat or inside sandwiches.
If you thin it out with a bit of milk, it turns into versatile cold pasta salad dressing.
- 200 grams feta
- 200 ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp capers*
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 small cucumber, grated with the skin and water squeezed out
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley (dill or fresh mint)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt (if your feta is too salty do not add any)
- Freshly grated black pepper
- A pinch of hot or sweet boukovo (chili pepper flakes) or paprika
- Put the first six ingredients in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until they are combined and a creamy dip forms. Empty the dip into a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Decorate with some crumbled feta, parsley or dill, cucumber or capers and paprika on top.
* If you do not have any capers, you can substitute with a gherkin.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 cups Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 1169mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 21g
- 2 medium green zucchini, grated
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ vegetable bouillon
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup stale bread, grated
- 1 tbsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp crumbled dried mint or ½ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 100 grams crumbled feta
- 100 grams graviera, grated
- 3/4 cup Quaker oats
- ½ cup all purpose flour, for dredging
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Wash the vegetables and let them drain.
- Grate the zucchini and sprinkle some salt on top. Let them sit for half an hour in a colander and then squeeze to remove all excess water.
- Grate the potato and squeeze out the water as well.
- Put the drained potato and zucchini in a bowl. Add the grated carrot, the parsley, the egg, as well as both cheeses, the mint, salt and pepper and oregano.
- (Easy on the salt, as feta is salty and we added some salt on the grated zucchini.)
- Put the onion, the tomato paste and the bouillon in a food processor and mix to puree.
- Empty it in the bowl and add the bread and mix to make the bread crumbs. Finally add the Quaker oats and mix well.
- Let the mixture stand in the fridge, for at least half an hour, to absorb the fluids.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet or non-stick frying pan.
- Form them into patties and dredge them with the flour.
- Fry on both sides until golden and remove them on kitchen paper.
- Serve them with Greek Yoghourt and Feta Dip.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 1104mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g
LIKE THIS POST?
You can hover over this image to pin it to your Pinterest board. Also, please feel free to share it with your friends and fellow bloggers, using the share tools below.
PIN FOR LATER
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!