If you’re in the mood for a dessert that’s the perfect balance of creamy, sweet, and indulgent, then this Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Milk Almond Chocolates is the answer to your cravings.
This recipe combines the rich flavors of dulce de leche, the smoothness of cream cheese, and the delightful crunch of milk chocolate almonds to create a mouthwatering dessert that will leave your taste buds singing.
Whether it’s for a special occasion or just a sweet treat to enjoy with loved ones, this cheesecake is sure to be a hit. So, let’s get started on this delightful culinary adventure!
Cheesecake is one of our favourite desserts.
If you ask me which kind do I prefer, the baked one or the no bake one, it’s very difficult to reply because I like both but if I were to chose only one, I would say the baked one.
Today it’ s my eldest son’s birthday. He is on holidays here in Athens for a few weeks, as he is now working in Cyprus and he had arranged his leave to be here during his birthday.
Since he loves dulce de leche, I made this cheesecake for him. Dulce de Leche, which is a caramel sauce, popular in South America, flavours the cream cheese filling, making it so velvety and creamy.
I’ve mentioned this many times in my posts that I don’t like my desserts to be overly sweet. When you beat the cream cheese, dulce de leche and Greek yoghurt, before adding the eggs, taste it.
If you want it sweeter, you can add some brown sugar, honey or grape or carob syrup, which will even make it darker.
The whipped cream was slighly sweetened in order to balance the sweetness of the remaining dessert. If you like it sweeter, you can add more icing sugar.
For the decoration on top but also inside, I added some milk almond chocolates . I had some leftover dulce from another recipe and used that for decoration as well.
If you don’t have any, it’s not worth opening another can or jar just for the decoration.
You can use nutella, chocolate ganache, petimezi (grape syrup), carob syrup, threpsini (grape cream) or make caramel from scratch, which we mix with the caramel.
See how you can make it here (see caramel decoration). Let it cool for a few minutes and then add the whipped cream.
Ingredients needed to make the Dulce de Leche Cheesecake:
For the Crust:
- Graham Crackers or Digestive biscuit crumbs
- Milk chocolate almonds
Dulce de Leche filling:
- Dulce de leche
- Cream cheese
- Greek yoghurt
- Petimezi (condensed grape syrup)
- Corn flour (starch)
- Milk chocolate almonds, ground
- Heavy cream
- Icing sugar
- Vanilla essence or vanillin
- Dulce de leche
- Whipped cream
- Milk chocolate almonds
How to make the Dulce de Leche Cheesecake:
- Melt the butter in the microwave on low, a minute each time or in a frying pan until it starts melting and turn off the heat.
- Put the biscuits in a food processor and powder.
- Put it in a bowl.
- Powder the milk chocolate almonds as well and add them to the other crumbs.
- Add the butter and mix until well combined.
- Cover the base of a 28 cm spring form pan with aluminium foil.
- Transfer the biscuit mixture in the baking tin and press it with a spoon into the bottom and sides of the pan. (see video).
- Refrigerate until you prepare the cream.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
Directions for the filling:
- Empty the cream cheese, dulce de leche and Greek yoghurt in a bowl. Using a hand mixer whip the cream until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the petimezi and mix.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Finally add the corn flour and continue mixing until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and add the milk almond chocolates scattered all over the cream.
- Cover the pan with aluminium foil
- Put the spring form pan in a larger baking tin and add hot water untill it reaches the middle.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Remove the aluminium foil and continue baking for 10 – 15 more minutes uncovered. The cheesecake will still be wobbly but it will set in the refrigerator.
- Set aside until it cools completely.
- Beat the heavy cream with the sugar and vanillin until peaks form.
- Decorate the cheesecake using a piping bag. At this stage the cheesecake is ready and you can serve it with caramel sauce on top.
- Alternatively reserve 1 tbsp whipped cream in which you dilute the dulce de leche to make it into a cream.
- Put this cream in a piping bag and make horizontal lines. Using the back side of a skewer or the back side of a fork, make horizontal lines, alternating from left to right and right to left.
- Cut the almond chocolates in the middle. If any break, pound them and scatter them on the top. Decorate with the chocolate halves, almond facing up.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before removing the ring of the spring form pan.
- Serve with additional caramel syrup (optional).
For the Crust:
- 400 grams Digestive biscuit crumbs
- 80 grams butter, melted
- 50 grams milk chocolate almonds, ground
Dulce de Leche Filling:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, made into dulce de leche
- 600 grams cream cheese
- 400 grams Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp petimezi (condensed grape syrup)
- 4 eggs
- 20 grams cornflour
- 100 grams milk chocolate almonds, ground
- 330 grams heavy cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 vanillin
- 1 tbsp dulce de leche
- 1 tbsp whipped cream
- 1 milk chocolate almond, ground
- 6 milk chocolate almonds, cut in the middle
For the Crust:
- Start by melting the butter. You can do this in the microwave on low heat, heating it for about a minute at a time, or in a frying pan until it begins to melt.
- Once it's melted, set it aside to cool slightly.
- Place the digestive biscuits in a food processor and grind them into crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit crumbs with the ground milk chocolate almonds.
- Pour the melted butter into the mixture and mix until everything is well combined.
- Line the base of a 28 cm springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Transfer the biscuit mixture into the pan, then use a spoon to press it firmly into the bottom and sides to form the crust. You can watch a video for a demonstration.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (356°F).
For the Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, dulce de leche, and Greek yogurt. Use a hand mixer to whip them together until well combined.
- Add the petimezi to the mixture and continue mixing.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until fully incorporated.
- Finally, add the cornflour and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the filling over the prepared biscuit crust and evenly distribute the ground milk almond chocolates on top.
- Cover the springform pan with aluminum foil to prevent water from getting inside.
- Place the pan inside a larger baking tin and add hot water until it reaches the middle of the springform pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, then remove the aluminum foil and continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes. The cheesecake should still be slightly wobbly but will set as it cools in the refrigerator.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream with the icing sugar and vanillin until stiff peaks form.
- Decorate the cheesecake using a piping bag. Your cheesecake is now ready, and you can serve it with caramel sauce on top.
- Alternatively, reserve 1 tablespoon of whipped cream and mix it with the dulce de leche to create a caramel cream.
- Pipe horizontal lines of caramel cream on top of the cheesecake. Using the back side of a skewer or a fork, create alternating horizontal lines from left to right and right to left to create a decorative pattern.
- Cut the milk chocolate almonds in half and arrange them on top of the cheesecake, with the almond facing up. If any of the almonds break, you can crush them and sprinkle them on the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for a few hours before removing the ring of the springform pan.
- Serve with additional caramel syrup, if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 769Total Fat 59gSaturated Fat 32gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 200mgSodium 422mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 3gSugar 27gProtein 18g
"These values are automatically calculated and offered for guidance only. Their accuracy is not guaranteed."
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!