These choco-strawberries are vegan, very easy to make and taste amazing.
They can be dipped in any kind of chocolate but I made them during the Orthodox fasting period, using a certain brand of dark chocolate chocolate which is vegan.
I was craving something sweet today but was really busy after coming back from the farmers’ market and shopping.
I had already bought these beautiful strawberries and since I had a bar of vegan chocolate, I prepared this delectable, but so simple, choco-strawberries dessert in no time.
It took 5 minutes to melt the chocolate and 10 minutes to dip them in it.
By the time we had lunch, they had cooled and were ready to be devoured:)
I love the combination of black pepper and chocolate, without it being hot but just giving a bit of a tingle on the tongue.
The addition of salt enhances all the flavours.
If you do not have petimezi, you can substitute it with carob syrup or maple syrup and for those who are not vegan you can add honey.
How to make the choco-strawberries
Wash and drain the strawberries.
Line a baking tin or a tray with parchment paper and place a rack on top, for chocolate to drip in.
In a double boiler melt the chocolate.
When it starts melting, add remaining ingredients and mix until the chocolate is smooth and glossy.
Dip each strawberry into the chocolate and place on the rack.
Allow to cool and refrigerate before serving
If you are not vegan, you can also decorate them with some white chocolate.
Just melt the white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave for 1 minutes and using a spoon, let the chocolate drop on top of the strawberries.
- 400 grams strawberries
- 125 grams vegan dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup petimezi (concentrated grape syrup)
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine
- A pinch of coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and drain the strawberries.
- Line a baking tin or a tray with parchment paper and place a rack on top, for chocolate to drip in.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate. When it starts melting, add remaining ingredients and mix until the chocolate is smooth and glossy.
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate and place on the rack.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 45Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 1mgSodium 12mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 1g
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,