This no machine (no churn) ice cream is easy to make and you can combine it with many other flavours.
In the morning when I decided to make the ice cream I was debating with myself if I would make it with Dulce De Leche or with Cherry Compote or both.
I asked that question on Facebook and some friends suggested that I should make them separately. My mind was tending towards using the Cherry Compote but before the final stage I tried the cream and it didn’t seem sweet enough, so that’s when I decided to add the Dulche De Leche in the cream.
I added and tasted until it reached the desired sweetness and there was just a little bit left, so I used that as decoration.
I know that I always say that I wish I had an Ice Cream machine, whenever I comment on someone’s Ice cream post but although it doesn’t cost much, I have no space in my kitchen to add another gadget and even if I did, I am still thinking if I should buy one, as I know that I will be making ice cream every day, as the possibilities for creativity are limitless and it’s time to watch my weight!!
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, which will be made into Dulce de Leche
- 200 grams of Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup cherry preserve or compote (without the syrup)
- 1 litre milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 heaped tbsp sugar
- 5 heaped tbsp corn flour (starch)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 ml heavy cream (35%)
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Prepare whipping cream and refrigerate. See instructions here.
- Prepare pastry cream, cover with cling film and set aside to cool. See instructions here.
- In a mixer bowl add pastry cream, whipped cream and yoghurt and beat for five minutes at full speed.
- Place in a container with lid and freeze.
- After about 1 hour check your ice cream and see if it has frozen near the edges.
- With a hand mixer beat well until all the crystals have become soft cream again.
- Repeat the same procedure three more times.
- Transfer the ice cream in the mixer bowl, add half of the dulce de leche and beat it well.
- Add the cherries scattering them here and there.
- Put the remaining dulce de leche in a piping bag and decorate.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving and serve with cherry compote.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 10g
Like this post?
You can hover over this image to pin it to your Pinterest board. Also, please feel free to share it with your friends and fellow bloggers, using the share tools below.
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,