Protein is essential for humans. They are a key component of muscle tissue (20-25% of total weight) while performing infinite functions in the body. Some of these are the ability to support and move the skeleton, the transport and storage of substances in tissues and blood, the catalysis of reactions, gene expression and cell growth.
Proteins and amino acids are parts of substances such as hormones, growth factors, enzymes, antibodies, etc.
It is estimated that there are hundreds of thousands of different proteins in the human body.
Popular High-Protein Food
- Lean Meats (chicken, beef, veal, pork, lamb, goat, liver etc.)
- Poultry (chicken, turkey, duck, etc.)
- Legumes (all beans, lentils, chickpeas, split peas, tofu, etc.
- Dairy products (milk, yoghurt (especially Greek yoghurt), cheese (especially cottage cheese or Greek anthotyros)
- Nuts and seeds (including nut pastes) – almonds, pine nuts, walnuts, macadamias, hazelnuts, cashews, quinoa, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, etc.)
- Fish and seafood (fresh fish, canned tuna, prawns, crab, lobster, mussels, oysters, scallops, clams, etc.)
- Fruit such as avocados (4g protein per cup), guava (4g per 100 g), dried apricots (2.2g per 100 g), Kiwifruit (2.1g per 100 g), grapefruit (2g per 100 g), blackberries (2g per 100 g), oranges (1.7g per 100 g), bananas (1.6g protein per 100 g), melons (1.5g per 100 g), peaches (1.4g per100 g)
My Top 10 Savory recipes with High Protein
- Hummus Dip
- Greek Chickpea Salad with Quinoa and Tahini Sauce
- Black-eyed peas Salad with Quinoa23
- Fakes Moutzentra – Cypriot Lentils with Rice
- Fakes Soupa (Greek Lentil Soup)
- Chicken Souvlaki
- Chicken Livers Ladolemono
- Baked Greek Lemony Calf Liver
My Top 10 Desserts with High Protein
- Amygdalota (No bake Almond Cookies
- Pastitsia and Amygdalota (Almond Cookies)
- Banana Cupcakes with Quine Glaze and Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Banana Honey-Tahini Almond Bread
- Walnut Cake with Chocolate and Orange
- Gingerbread Cookies with Carob Syrup
- Spiced Carob Cookies with Bitter Chocolate and Ginger
- Almond Cinnamon Thumbprint Cookies
- Pastelli (Honey Sesame Candy with Peanuts)
- Honey, Peanut butter, Chocolate and Pastelli Cookies
Below you will find a selection of healthy sweet and savory Protein Recipes.
LIKE THIS POST?
You can hover over this image to pin it to your Pinterest board. Also, please feel free to share it with your friends and fellow bloggers, using the share tools below.
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!