These baked peaches with butter, honey and cinnamon are so easy to make as it only takes five minutes to prepare them and fifteen minutes to bake them.
The addition of butter, honey and cinnamon makes a caramelized syrup to serve them with.
Summer is the season of the most delicious fruit and among them peaches are one of them.
Peaches contain vitamins C and E, they are a good source of soluble fiber, calcium and other health benefits.
Therefore, they are ideal for those who pay attention to their diet as they contain few calories and a large amount of vitamins.
Peach season is almost over, so next time you buy some, try these baked peaches while you still can.
You will have a dessert ready in less than half an hour from the time you preheat your oven until you are ready to eat them!
How to prepare Baked Peaches
While you are preheating the oven, wash the peaches, cut them in the middle, remove the stone, cut a knob of butter which add in the cavity, drizzle some honey on top and sprinkle some cinnamon.
Put them in the oven and bake for fifteen to twenty minutes, or until you can pierce them with a fork.
If you want to make them vegan, you can follow my recipe for Baked Apples.
You can serve them with whipped cream (vegan or not), or with scoops of ice cream, sour cream, or for a healthier dessert, just Greek low fat yoghurt with honey.
These peaches can also be used in salads. See my salad with Rocket (Arugula) with Haloumi and Peaches.
They are also ideal for breakfast with Greek yoghurt and granola.
I made a combination of Greek yoghurt with whipped cream, honey and vanilla, to serve them. The recipe was adapted from my giaourtoglyko (yoghurt with whipped cream).
If you are vegan or lactose intolerant, you can add margarine and serve them with some Coconut Cream.
- 4 peaches halved
- 1 tsp butter on each half
- 1 tsp honey on each
- A pinch of cinnamon on each
- 200 ml heavy cream (35%)
- 400 grams Greek yoghurt 2%
- 1/4 cup icing (confectioners’) sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Wash the peaches, cut them in the middle and remove the stone.
- Put the peaches in a Pyrex with the hollow part facing up. Add a knob of butter, drizzle some honey on top and sprinkle some cinnamon.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 180o C / 350o F, for ten minutes. Turn them over once and cook for another five minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
While the peaches are baking, prepare the Yoghurt Cream:
- Whip the heavy cream with vanilla essence, until peaks form.
- Mix in the yoghurt and honey and mix to combine.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Put 1 or 2 peaches in a bowl and add some of the syrup.
- Serve with the yoghurt cream.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top and serve with a cookie and some chocolate chips.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 159Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 33mgSodium 46mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 4g
LIKE THIS POST?
You can hover over this image to pin it to your Pinterest board. Also, please feel free to share it with your friends and fellow bloggers, using the share tools.
PIN FOR LATER
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!