Lahanosalata, is a festive, creamy Coleslaw salad, made with cabbage, celery, onion, pomegranate, nuts and raisins and dressed with a delicious mayonnaise salad dressing.
I love eating it in the evenings as a light dinner because it is quite filling.
Update: Christmas 2017
This year, when I made this salad, I did not have any pomegranates, so in order to give it a festive look, I used six small San Marzano tomatoes, which I cut in round slices and some parsley leaves and a shredded carrot. I also added white and black sultana raisins as well.
They complemented the salad, so from now on, I will be adding these ingredients as well.
I have updated the post with the new photos but have left some of the old ones as well, so that you can see the pomegrante in it.
You can find my Greek recipes in my cookbooks «More Than A Greek Salad», and«Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!» both available on all Amazon stores. Read more here.
Other related Recipes:
- 3 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ¾ cup of walnuts cut in big pieces
- 2 tbsp sultana raisins
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- 6 Marzano tomatoes, cut into rounds
- 1 sprig of parsley, only the leaves
- 1 big carrot, coarsely shredded
- 1 tbsp black Corinthian sultana raisins
- 150 ml low fat mayonnaise (3/4 of a small jar)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of mild mustard
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Finely cut all the vegetables. Put them in a large bowl together with the walnuts, raisins and half of the pomegranate.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Empty half of the mayonnaise jar into the salad. Add all the remaining salad dressing ingredients in the jar and shake the jar until well combined.
- Pour it in the salad and mix.
- Decorate it with more paprika on top, as well as the remaining pomegranate seeds, some walnuts and raisins.
- Refrigerate it for an hour before serving.
- It can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246.85Total Fat: 21.77gSaturated Fat: 3.15gSodium: 421.4mgCarbohydrates: 13.04gFiber: 2.87gSugar: 8.54gProtein: 1.9g
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,