A Birthday cake made with a white sponge, filled with two cheeses and strawberry cream, topped with chocolate ganache and strawberries.
I made this cake for my son’s birthday a couple of days ago. The combination of all these ingredients create an aromatic and refreshing dessert, rich in taste and aroma.
The instructions to make this cake have already been given in previous recipes which you will find in the links given and I have adjusted the amounts of ingredients to be used.
Birthday Cake with Strawberry Cream Cheese and Chocolate Glaze
- Vanilla Flavoured Sponge
- Strawberry Sauce
- Whipped Cream (330 ml heavy cream)
- Chocolate Ganache (170 grams milk chocolate)
Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling:
- 300 grams cream cheese
- 150 grams anthotyro (unsalted whey cheese) or ricotta
- 1/2 cup strawberry sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 gelatine leaves
- Fresh strawberries
- Chocolate shavings
- Prepare ahead the sponge cake from the previous day.
- Prepare the strawberry sauce and set aside to cool. You can also prepare it the previous day. You should let it cool before using it and any leftover must be stored in the refrigerator and used within a week.
- Soak the gelatine leaves with water for ten minutes. Heat the milk and add the gelatine leaves. Mix until they dissolve and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the Whipped Cream. Whip the heavy cream with icing sugar and vanilla essence and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut the sponge cake in the middle. Place the top piece upside down, as your base, in a platter and wet the sponge with 3 – 4 tbsp strawberry sauce. Place the ring of your baking tin around the sponge and secure it.
- Whisk the cream cheese, milk with gelatine and anthotyros (whey cheese) until there are no lumps. Add the strawberry sauce and whipped cream and mix to incorporate. Pour the cream over the sponge and cover with the second piece of sponge cake, leaving the parchment paper on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until the cream sets.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache. See basic recipe here. Melt the chocolate over a water bath and add 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp of your favourite liqueur (I used mandarin liqueur) and mix until the chocolate melts. Remove from the heat and mix for a few minutes for the temperature to drop and mix in 2 – 3 tbsp whipped cream to make it soft. Keep mixing until it cools. Add 1 cup more whipped cream and incorporate it in the chocolate ganache.
- Remove the parchment paper from the cake and pour the chocolate ganache in the middle of your cake. You can either leave it drop to the sides of the cake or spread it with a spatula to cover the cake. Use some of the whipped cream to cover the sides of the cake.
- Put some leftover whipped cream in a piping bag using a plain nozzle and make six horizontal lines. Take a skewer or a toothpick and draw vertical lines across the cream lines, in opposite directions. Sprinkle some chocolate shavings at the edge of the cake and decorate with strawberry halves.
- Take a fork and draw lines on the sides of the cake.
- Store in the refrigerator.
You can find my Greek recipes in my cookbooks «More Than A Greek Salad», and«Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!» both available on all Amazon stores. Read more here.
Other related Recipes:
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,