A wonderful, refreshing, green salad with a variety of fresh, seasonal vegetables and fresh strawberries.
This salad is a wonderful combination of peppery rocket, baby spinach and mild lettuce together with salty feta, which are well balanced with the sweet and sour vinaigrette.
The vinaigrette is made with strawberry sauce (I used some of the strawberry sauce I made for the Strawberry Cake), but you can make the sauce in no time), with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a hint of garlic.
Combined with fresh strawberries, aromatic mint and crunchy roasted almonds, this salad will intrigue even the most demanding palettes.
Variation of this Green Salad
What other variations can I make with this green salad?
Say that it is not Spring and strawberries are out of season. What other fruit can I use?
I love this salad so I make it year around.
During summer, I like it with stone fruit, especially peaches (or apricots). I halve a peach, remove the stone and in the cavity I add a knob of butter. I bake the halves until soft, for about 20 minutes or until soft. I cut them into slices and use two in the vinaigrette and the remaining to decorate on top. Instead of feta, I fry some halloumi and toast some walnuts.
I also love this salad with figs.
During Fall (autumn), I add some pomegranate arils and in the vinaigrette I add some pomegranate syrup. If you don’t have any, you can add some honey.
We can also add some grapes, whatever variety you like, so long as they are sweet.
I have planted a vine I brought from Cyprus with Veriko grapes, which are wonderful in this salad.
During winter, I like to add some orange supremes (orange slices without membrane or pith).
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup tender Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup wild or cultivated rocket (arugula)
- 1 cup red lollo lettuce
- 50 grams feta, crumbled
- 6 strawberries, quartered
- 1 sprig fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp roasted almonds, cut into smaller pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp strawberry sauce
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and drain all the vegetables.
- Coarsely cut by hand, the lettuce, red lolla lettuce, baby spinach, rocket and mint.
- Add the remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- In a food processor add all the salad dressing ingredients and mix with until the garlic is mashed.
- Before serving, add the vinaigrette and mix.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 750mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 14g
LIKE THIS POST?
You can hover over this image to pin it to your Pinterest board. Also, please feel free to share it with your friends and fellow bloggers, using the share tools below.
PIN FOR LATER
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!