A wonderful, refreshing, green salad with a variety of fresh, seasonal vegetables and fresh strawberries.
This salad is a wonderful combination of peppery rocket, baby spinach and mild lettuce together with salty feta, which are well balanced with the sweet and sour vinaigrette, made with strawberry sauce (I used some of the strawberry sauce I made for the Strawberry Cake – but you can make it in no time), extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, with a hint of garlic. Combined with fresh strawberries, aromatic mint and crunchy roasted almonds, this salad will intrigue even the most demanding palettes.
Spring Green Salad with Strawberries and Feta
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup tender lettuce leaves
- 1 cup wild or cultivated rocket (arugula)
- 1 cup red lollo lettuce
- 50 grams feta, crumbled
- 6 strawberries, quartered
- 1 sprig fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp roasted almonds, cut into smaller pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp strawberry sauce
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and drain all the vegetables.
- Coarsely cut by hand, the lettuce, red lolla lettuce, baby spinach, rocket and mint.
- Add the remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- In a food processor add all the salad dressing ingredients and mix with until the garlic is mashed.
- Before serving, add the salad dressing and mix.
You can find my Greek recipes in my cookbooks «More Than A Greek Salad», and«Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!» both available on all Amazon stores. Read more here.
Other related Recipes:
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,