16 years ago this day was a very special day for my husband and I as our daughter Elia was born. I had already two sons a 9 1/2 year old and a 7 year old. When we found out that it would be a girl we were thrilled. During the early months of my pregnancy I had some problems and the doctor told me that I should stay in bed until the baby was born. Anyway everything went well and she has brought so much happiness into our lives.
She loves both chocolate and strawberries so this is a special cake for her.
Happy birthday sweet sixteen.
- 1 dose sponge cake (see recipe here)
- 2 heavy creams (500 ml) 35%
- white couverture chocolate
- chocolate chips
- dark chocolate
- 200 grams of fresh Strawberries
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- ¾ cup of sugar
- lemon juice
- icing sugar
- chocolate syrup
- Prepare the sponge cake and set aside until it cools.
- Whip cream in mixer until stiff. When cream is ready place 1/3 of cream separately and mix with 2/3 cold strawberry syrup.(Place in refrigerator)
In the other 1/3 whipping cream melt some dark chocolate in baine marie and keep stirring until it has cooled down. Mix chocolate with whipping cream. (Place in refrigerator)
The other 1/3 add a vanilla and a spoonful of icing sugar and mix. (Place in refrigerator).
- When the sponge cake has cooled down, cut it into three pieces.
- In the strawberry syrup we have reserved, mix a spoonful of brandy and wet the sponge cake. Add whipping cream with chocolate as a first layer, then add sponge cake, add strawberry whipping cream. Place the third sponge cake on top and spread some chocolate syrup on top. With the white whipping cream cover the outer part of the cake and decorate on top.Add whole strawberries and finally in a separate bain marrie melt the white chocolate couverture and with a spoon draw some horizontal lines.
- Decorate the outer part with chocolate couverture chips and cigar shaped biscuits, cut in half. Add a few on the top.
You can find my Greek recipes in my cookbooks «More Than A Greek Salad», and«Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!» both available on all Amazon stores. Read more here.
Other related Recipes:
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,