One of my favourite salads I love pairing with fish, is my mom’s beet salad with roasted beetroots, boiled potatoes and eggs, tomato and cucumber served with a simple vinaigrette.
I’ve been cooking lots of healthy Mediterranean dishes lately and fish is in out diet at least once a week. This dish is so easy to make with few ingredients but still it’s so delicious.
Pantzarosalata, My mom’s Beetroot Salad
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 – 5
- 3 medium sized boiled beetroots
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 tomato, peeled and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the beetroots in the pressure cooker with water. Wash the potatoes with skin on, put the basket on top and cook them for about 20 minutes.
- Boil eggs separately for five minutes from boiling point and then put them in cold water.
- Peel and cut everything into small pieces
- Refrigerate for half an hour before serving.
- Place vinaigrette ingredients in a shaker and shake to combine. Add to salad and mix well.
I boiled more beetroots and used the leaves as well to make another salad which I paired with a Caper Vinaigrette which matched perfect both with the fish and the beetroots.
Tsipoura Sti Ladokolla (Gilt-head bream) in parchment paper
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 Gilthead Sea Breams about 400 grams each
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- Salt and freshly ground Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Ask you fish monger to scale and gut the fish then wash and drain.
- Cut a big piece of parchment paper and put it in your baking tin and put the fish on the paper and season with salt, pepper, oregano, tarragon on both sides as well as inside and put two slices of lemon in the cavity. Sprinkle with a drop of olive oil on top and cover with the parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 150o C for 15 minutes and then turn on the other side for another 15- 20 minutes.
Serves: 4 -5
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 5 small gherkins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic
- A pinch of salt, pepper, oregano & tarragon
Put all the ingredients in the food processor and mix until it is creamy.
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!