One of my favourite salads I love pairing with fish, is my mum’s Pantzarosalata Potato and Beet salad with roasted beetroots, boiled potatoes, eggs, tomato and cucumber served with a simple vinaigrette.
She used to make this salad to accompany fish, so today I made it with Tsipoura (Gilthead Sea Bream) baked in the oven.
I’ve been cooking lots of healthy Mediterranean dishes lately and fish is in out diet at least once a week. This dish is so easy to make with few ingredients but still it’s so delicious.
How I made Pantzarosalata, My mom’s Potato and Beetroot Salad
Hard boiled eggs
Greek salad ingredients: tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, olives
Extra virgin olive oil
Red wine vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
To make the salad:
Place the beetroots in the pressure cooker with water to cover them.
Wash the potatoes with the skin on, put the basket on top and cook them for about 20 minutes.
Boil eggs separately for five minutes from boiling point and then put them in cold water.
Peel the potatoes while still hot and cut them into smaller pieces. Drizzle some olive oil on top.
Cut all the remaining ingredients into smaller pieces.
Place vinaigrette ingredients in a shaker and shake to combine.
Add to salad and mix well.
Refrigerate for half an hour before serving.
I boiled more beetroots and used the leaves as well to make another beetroot salad which I paired with a Caper Vinaigrette which matched perfect both with the fish and the beetroots.
Tsipoura sto Fourno (Baked Gilt-head bream)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 3 Gilt-head Sea Breams about 400 grams each
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- Salt and freshly ground Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Ask you fish monger to scale and gut the fish then wash and drain.
- Cut a big piece of parchment paper and put it in your baking tin and put the fish on the paper and season with salt, pepper, oregano, tarragon on both sides as well as inside and put two slices of lemon in the cavity. Sprinkle with a drop of olive oil on top and bake in a preheated oven to 150o C for 15 minutes. Turn it on the other side for another 10 minutes.
Serves: 4 -5
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 5 small gherkins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic
- A pinch of salt, pepper, oregano & tarragon
Put all the ingredients in the food processor and mix until it is creamy.
- 3 medium sized boiled beetroots
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 tomato, peeled and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 10 olives
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of oregano (optional)
- Place the beetroots in the pressure cooker with water to cover them.
- Wash the potatoes with the skin on, put the basket on top and cook them for about 20 minutes.
- Boil eggs separately for five minutes from boiling point and then put them in cold water.
- Peel the potatoes while still hot and cut them into smaller pieces. Drizzle some olive oil on top.
- Cut all the remaining ingredients into smaller pieces.
- Place vinaigrette ingredients in a shaker and shake to combine Add to salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate for half an hour before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 254Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 93mgSodium 517mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 6g
"These values are automatically calculated and offered for guidance only. Their accuracy is not guaranteed."
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!