Milkshake is a cold drink made with milk, fruit or other ingredients, such as chocolate and sugar or other sweetening such as honey or syrup.
It is processed in a blender until the fruit are pureed and becomes a frothy drink.
For a richer milkshake, you can also add ice cream or whipped cream.
When my children were younger, they didn’t eat a lot of fruit except for my daughter.
The boys were rather lazy to wash and peel fruit to eat, and would only eat fruit such as bananas or other fruit which were washed and ready to eat, such as grapes, strawberry, stone fruit etc.
So I had to peel them to get them to eat some.
What they liked very much was milkshakes and sometimes instead of giving them plain fruit to eat I prepared them a milk shake.
How to make a homemade Milkshake:
You will need:
A hand mixer (for the whipped cream)Prepare the whipped cream and refrigerate.
Peel and cut the fruit of your choice into large chunks. If using stone fruit, remove the stone. If using fruit with seeds, remove the seeds.
Put them in the blender.
Add the sweetening of your preference: sugar, honey, flavoured syrup, etc.
Add the milk and vanilla.
If it is very hot and you want the milkshake very cold, add a few ice cubes.
Add the lid on top.
Blend all the ingredients until frothy.
Pour your milkshake into a tall glass to serve.
It tastes great straight-up or topped with some ice cream and a tower of whipped cream, which, of course, means more calories!.
I am submitting this milkshake recipe to Shriekha, of Kitchen and Home Making, who is hosting the event Ice Creams and Milkshakes.
- 3 glasses of milk
- 2 - 3 different kinds of fruit (I used 1 banana and 1 pear and 2 peaches)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or leftover syrup from fruit preserves
- 2 drops vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 scoop of ice cream for each glass (optional - I used chocolate flavour)
- 1 spoonful [whipped cream] (optional) (https://www.kopiaste.org/2007/11/how-to-make-chantilly-cream-or-whipped-cream/)
- 4 ice cubes (optional)
- Wash, peel and core the fruit. Remove stones if using stone fruit or seeds in fruit with seeds.
- Cut them into smaller pieces and put them in the blender.
- Add the honey, ice cubes and milk and blend them well until everything becomes a rich, creamy drink.
- Serve in tall glasses.
- Add a scoop of ice cream and some whipped cream.
- Put a straw in the glass and enjoy!
Note: The calories have been calculated without the ice cream and whipped cream.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 15mgSodium 110mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 3gSugar 25gProtein 7g
PIN FOR LATER
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,