This Strawberry Jelly with Greek Yoghurt is a delightful dessert that combines the sweet and fruity flavours of strawberry jelly with the creamy tanginess of Greek yogurt.
The Greek yogurt adds a rich and creamy texture that perfectly complements the sweetness of the strawberry jelly.
Looking for a simple and delicious dessert recipe that’s perfect for Mother’s Day or generally for summer? Look no further than this Greek Strawberry Jelly and Greek Yoghurt Dessert recipe!
With only a handful of ingredients and just a few steps, this dessert is easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious, making it a perfect choice for a quick and satisfying treat.
Who can enjoy this dessert?
The basic recipe without the strawberry coulis has only 44 calories per serving, so this dessert is perfect from those who are:
- Watching their weight: A dessert made with low-fat Greek yogurt and no added sugar can be a great choice for those who are trying to manage their weight. Greek yoghurt is high in protein, which can help to keep you feeling full and satisfied, while the lack of added sugar means that the dessert will be lower in calories and less likely to cause a blood sugar spike.
- Managing diabetes: For people with diabetes, controlling blood sugar levels is a key concern. A dessert made with no added sugar can help to keep blood sugar levels stable, while the protein in Greek yogurt can help to slow down the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream.
- For those who have Gallbladder stones and are following a low-fat diet: A low-fat Greek yoghurt and strawberry jelly can be a great option for those who are trying to limit their intake of fat. Greek yogurt is naturally lower in fat than other dairy products, and the lack of added sugar means that the dessert will be lower in calories overall.
- Looking for a healthy dessert: Desserts can be a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth, but they are often high in sugar and calories. A dessert made with low-fat Greek yogurt and no added sugar can be a healthier option that still feels indulgent and satisfying.
It is important to note, however, that even low-fat and no-added-sugar desserts should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. As always, it’s best to consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian to determine what dietary choices are best for your individual needs and goals.
How to make the Strawberry Jelly
To prepare the dessert, the strawberry jelly is first prepared with hot water and allowed to cool until it begins to set.
Begin by preparing the no-sugar strawberry jelly with hot water, using 500ml water, instead of the suggested on the packet 600ml, to give the dessert a thicker consistency.
Then, the Greek yoghurt is added to the jelly and whisked together until fully incorporated.
The mixture is then distributed into bowls or dessert cups and refrigerated until fully set.
Can I make this Strawberry Jelly and Yoghurt Dessert more decadent?
Of course. You can use a regular packet of strawberry jelly, 500ml with 200ml of full-fat Greek yoghurt, mixed with strawberry coulis and served with whipped cream on top!
The result is a refreshing and decadent creamy dessert with a delicious combination of textures and flavours.
The addition of fresh strawberries on top or a tablespoon of homemade strawberry coulis on top of each serving provides a beautiful and flavorful finishing touch to this delightful dessert.
This dessert is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a mid-day snack or a sweet finish to a meal.
It’s also a great option for those who are looking for a healthier dessert option, as the basic recipe has only 44 calories and Greek yoghurt is a good source of protein and calcium.
One of the great things about this recipe is its versatility.
You can easily customize it to suit your taste preferences by using a different flavour of jelly, adding different fruits or toppings, or adjusting the sweetness level to your liking.
- 1 packet no-sugar strawberry Jelly
- 500 ml water
- 200 ml Greek yoghurt 2% fat
- 1 tbsp strawberry coulis (optional)
- 5 fresh strawberries (optional)
- Prepare the strawberry jelly with hot water, as per the package instructions. (The suggested amount is 600 ml but I used 500ml).
- Set aside to cool and wait until it almost starts setting, about 2 hours.
- Add the Greek yoghurt and whisk with a hand mixer until incorporated. If you want it sweeter, add the coulis and mix.
- Distribute into 5 bowls and refrigerate until it sets.
- Serve with a fresh strawberry on top.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 44Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 2mgSodium 32mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 2g
"These values are automatically calculated and offered for guidance only. Their accuracy is not guaranteed."
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!