This amazing Toblerone Cake was made with a sponge cake and the filling and decorations are are made with cream cheese and rich Toblerone frosting.
Today is my eldest son’s birthday. He came from Cyprus two days ago, where he is working, and will stay with us for a month.
Before coming to Athens he made a stop in Crete to visit some friends of his, where he sent me this beautiful picture of Chania.
The cake is similar to the last one I made but the rich filling is with cream cheese and whipped cream and the decorations are are made with rich Toblerone cream cheese frosting, cherry preserve and three kinds of toblerone chocolate..
Most of my cooking utensils are in Assini, so I had to make the cake with a hand mixer. I don’t have all the cooking utensils I need here in Athens. For example I didn’t have a piping bag and nozzles to decorate the cake, so I improvised and used a fork to decorate the cake.
Toblerone Cake with Cream Cheese and White Chocolate
- 1 Sponge Cake
White Chocolate Ganache:
- 200 grams white toblerone chocolate
- 100 ml heavy cream
For filling and decoration:
- 500 ml heavy cream, whipped with 1 tsp icing sugar and a few drops of vanilla essence.
- 200 grams cream cheese
- Vanilla essence
- ½ cup cherry preserve
- 1/4 cup cherry syrup
- 2 tbsp cherry liqueur
- 7 mini toblerone chocolates (dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate)
- Prepare the sponge cake from the previous day.
- Prepare chocolate ganache and set aside to cool.
- Drain the cherries and use about 1/4 cup cherry syrup diluted with 2 tbsp cherry liqueur.
- Cut the sponge in the middle and wet it with the syrup.
- Whip the heavy cream with icing sugar and a few drops of vanilla essence and refrigerate until ready to use. See more details here.
- In another bowl whisk the cream cheese with 1/2 of the whipped cream and refrigerate. When the white chocolate has cooled, mix in half of the white chocolate. Use this cream as the filling and top with some of the cherry preserve.
- Cover the filling with the second piece of sponge and wet it again with some of the syrup.
- In the remaining whipped cream, add half of the remaining white chocolate and mix. Top the cake and the sides.
- Use the remaining chocolate ganache to decorate the cake on top.
- Decorate with the remaining cherry preserve and toblerone chocolate cut into 3 pieces each.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving it.
You can find my Greek recipes in my cookbooks «More Than A Greek Salad», and«Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!» both available on all Amazon stores. Read more here.
Other related Recipes:
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,