Have you ever considered making your own liqueurs?
Strawberry Liqueur is very easy to make as you macerate strawberries in alcohol and then make a simple sugar syrup and combine them together.
Like anything else homemade it tastes fantastic!
Apart from making jams and spoon sweets with fruit, the other thing I love making is liqueurs.
The method may vary depending on what fruit you are using but the general idea is to put the fruit in the alcohol to get the flavour and then make a syrup and mix them together.
I don’t drink liqueurs but they are great to offer as gifts and to use them in desserts and some even in savory recipes.
I used a very good quality of Greek Brandy called Metaxas, which I mixed with Vodka.
Instead of using a coffee filter, this time I used a tulle to drain the strawberries as I think it was much easier than the previous liqueurs I made.
When done do not discard the pulp. You can use it to make a cake, jelly, panna cotta, ice cream, serve it on top of ice cream or other desserts.
- 500 grams strawberries
- 200 ml 7 Stars Metaxas Brandy
- 175 ml Vodka
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups water
- Lemon peel
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash, drain and hull the strawberries.
- Purée them in a food processor and put them in a jar with the alcohol. Refrigerate.
- After a week drain them.
- Put all the syrup ingredients in a pot and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Tie the strawberry pulp in the tulle and leave it in the syrup for 2 days. Refrigerate both strawberries with alcohol and syrup.
- Remove the tulle and mix the syrup with the strawberries/alcohol.
- Drain again and place in sterilized bottles.
- Store at room temperature for as long as you like.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 2999Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 90mgCarbohydrates 500gFiber 11gSugar 459gProtein 4g
PIN FOR LATER
Eis Ygeian (Cheers)!
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!