Farfalle with rocket (arugula) and anchovies is cheap and easy to make meal plus it includes five ingredients which are considered aphrodisiac!
These ingredients, which I have found listed in other sites as aphrodisiacs are the following:
When planning a romantic evening, most people think of soft music, flowers and candlelight.
These are fine; it’s nice to create a nice romantic atmosphere. But we can do more than that.
Have you ever heard of aphrodisiacs? I am sure you have but just in case, the term “aphrodisiac” dates back at least 5,000 years.
Derived from Aphrodite the Greek goddess of love, lust and beauty, who, according to Greek mythology arose from sea in the shores of my country, Cyprus.
Aphrodisiacs include drink, food, scents, herbs, chemical products, and other devices that increase the human libido.
This recipe is cheap and easy to make, as most of the procedure can well be done in advance and it will take only a few minutes to assemble, not to mention that it contains at least 5 aphrodisiac ingredients and surely you will serve it with wine.
The meal is sure to be accompanied by a fine wine, which in itself is an aphrodisiac drink.
End with a light dessert. The most common aphrodisiac dessert in Greece is Greek strained yoghurt with thyme honey and walnuts.
To end the meal in Cyprus we have the best sweet wine, Commandaria. The label of this particular brand which we bought from Troodos, speaks of itself.
The ancient Greeks, in the first century, have the first written record of foods having aphrodisiac.
By the seventh century, Paul of Aegina gave more credence to foods and their powers.
Don’t forget that they say that love passes through the stomach so get prepared for St. Valentine’s or any other romantic evening with an aphrodisiac meal.
However, don’t spend hours in the kitchen to impress with your cooking skills.
Make something simple but delicious. Spend your day to relax and make yourself beautiful.
You don’t have to go to a spa or to a beauty salon to lift your spirit.
If you can afford it it’s fine otherwise fill your bathtub with hot water, add bath organic calendula, organic cinnamon, organic lavender and organic cloves and have a nice relaxing bath.
Let the Calendula soothe your skin from the harsh winter air. The relaxing lavender will help you decompress and relax and the Cinnamon & Cloves will bring you into the season.
Let’s not forget that our eyes are the mirrors of our soul. So when we are relaxed and content this will reflect on our face.
Back to our aphrodisiac meal.
So, with more than 5 aphrodisiac ingredients in just one meal, if this won’t boost your libido then try Viagra.
This is my entry for Kitchen of Love, hosted by Chris, at Mele Cotte…
- 500 grams (1 packet) of whole wheat farfalle
- 4 broccoli florets
- 50 g (1 cup rocket/arugula), washed
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 anchovy fillets, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 fresh porcini mushrooms (wipe them with paper towel, do not wash)
- 1 cup bell peppers various colours (red, green, yellow)
- 1 cup of various cheeses grated (edam, cheddar, regato, kerrygold)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally (about 20 minutes or according to instructions on the box).
- Five minutes before the end, add the broccoli florets to the pasta, stir and cook.
- Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Add cold water to the pasta, drain and then add 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix.
- Meanwhile, wash, cut away the inner white filaments, deseed and then cut the peppers (julienne).
- In the meantime in a large skillet heat the olive oil and sauté the mushrooms, add the peppers as well as the garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When you are ready to serve, place the skillet again on high heat, add the anchovies, pasta, salt and pepper and toss.
- Add some of the reserved pasta water, if necessary, to make a light sauce.
- Finally add the cheese and stir. When the cheese begins melting, add the rocket and the broccoli and mix well.
- Serve with freshly ground black pepper on top.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 589Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 28mgSodium 557mgCarbohydrates 81gFiber 14gSugar 2gProtein 25g
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!