Tartare or Tartar is a cold sauce, typically eaten with fish, consisting of mayonnaise mixed with chopped pickles, capers, etc. which goes well with fish and seafood.
When I made the homemade mayonnaise with olive oil, I had some leftover so I decided to make Tartare Sauce, which I hadn’t made in a long time. It is very easy to make and delicious to serve with Fish.
Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 200 ml homemade mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 3 tbsp gherkins, drained and chopped
- 1 small spring onion, finely chopped
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix together all of the ingredients in a small bowl and serve straight away or store in the fridge until needed.
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!