If you’re looking for a cake to make for your pooch, try this Peanut Butter Greek Yoghurt Carrot and Apple cake. It is topped with a peanut butter and Greek yoghurt glaze which makes a delicious and healthy cake to celebrate your dog’s big day!
We all love our pups, and it’s so nice to be able to do something special for them : )
Dias loves Greek yoghurt! Yes, he is a Greek Yoghurt fan. Whenever I use one I leave a little bit for him to eat and he licks the container without leaving a trace in it.
This is the main reason I wanted to add yoghurt in his cake.
There’s also some peanut butter, plus some extra virgin olive oil, (just because that’s what I use every day when cooking), a little bit of Greek honey, a grated carrot and half a Granny Smith apple, flour and baking soda.
I added some vanilla for flavour.
What’s not to like. All the ingredients are of the best quality!
The procedure is very easy to make. I just whisk all the fluid ingredients, add the grated carrot and apple and mix in the flour and baking soda.
You can make it in one bigger pan just for him without adding any honey at all.
However, as it is too much for him to eat, I use two mini baking tins which are 10 cm diametre which I grease and flour.
After adding half of the batter for Dias’s cake, I add a little bit of honey in ours to make it sweeter.
You can see a toothpick in one of them and that’s just to know which one is his and which is ours. Because of the extra moisture in ours, due to the honey, it needs a few more minutes to bake.
The same applies for the glaze. After I finished adding the glaze on his cake, I added a little bit of honey in ours.
The cake is very moist and a little denser than an ordinary cake but we loved it and so did Dias!
Please note that I’m not a veterinary expert, so before you make the cake, please read carefully the information given in the first cake I made for Dias.
- 1 large egg
- 80 grams peanut butter
- 100 grams Greek yoghurt
- 20 ml olive oil divided (reserve 1 tsp)
- 30 grams cup honey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 90 grams (1/2) granny smith apple, grated
- 1 carrot (50 grams) carrot, grated
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour plus 1 tsp
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Yoghurt Peanut butter Glaze:
- 100 grams yoghurt
- 1 heaped tsp (or more) peanut butter
- Vanilla (a few drops)
- 1 tsp honey (only in the second cake)
- Preheat the oven to 180o C / 350o F.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg, peanut butter, olive oil, vanilla, and honey.
- Mix in the grated apple and carrots.
- Sieve the flour and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Grease two mini baking tins (10 cm diametre) with olive oil and dust with flour.
- Divide the batter in the two tins.
- Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Turn onto a wire rack and let cool completely before adding the frosting.
- Combine Greek yoghurt with peanut butter, vanilla and honey. Mix with a spoon until well combined and frost the cake.
If you liked my recipe pin it on Pinterest to make it later on, or when you make it, I would be glad to see your photos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, using the hashtag #dogcakekopiaste ♥
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!