Homemade tortilla chips are easy to make, cost almost nothing and are so tasty you cannot resist eating just a few. You can flavour them with herbs and spices of your choice and in no time you have a delicious snack to serve with a dip, a sauce, to accompany your drink or eat them just as a snack.
How to make Ηomemade Tortilla Chips
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 5 minutes
For a big oven tray you will need:
- 3 large tortillas
- Olive oil (I used garlic flavoured olive oil)
- Various spices and herbs, such as roasted garlic or garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt (preferable coarse sea salt), pepper, paprika, cumin, curry etc.
- Lightly brush the tortillas with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and add any of the spices or herbs you like on top.
- Preheat oven to 180o C.
- Cut the tortilla into 4 stripes. Then cut each piece into triangles.
- Place them on a baking tin lined with parchment paper and bake until they become golden. Turn off the oven and let them sit in the oven until it cools. This way they will become crunchier.
- Store in an air tight container.
You can find my Greek recipes in my cookbooks «More Than A Greek Salad», and«Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!» both available on all Amazon stores. Read more here.
Other related Recipes:
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,