I’ve made this recipe many times each time with a few minor changes. I’ve marinated the salmon with honey and orange, with honey and lemon, with pomegranate molasses, with petimezi (grape molasses), with Asian flavours, etc. Salmon is one of my favourite fishes and still have a lot of recipes I have not posted.
Although I thought I had posted this recipe with orange, honey and orange zest, which makes all the difference, I think it is worth having it on record as it was delicious. I served it with pumpkin potato puree.
Orange-Honey Crusted Salmon, recipe by Ivy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 5 – 6
- 2 salmon fillets (about 1 kilo)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Greek honey
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange (about 1/2 cup)
For the crust:
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons almonds, skin on
- 6 tbsp spice mixture
- Wash, dry and cut salmon into servings. Remove any bones.
- Mix honey, orange juice and zest and marinate the salmon. Reserve the marinade.
- In a spice grinder add the almonds, spices and breadcrumbs and powder.
- Coat the salmon on both sides.
- In a sautéing pan heat the olive oil and sauté the salmon, skin facing down for about 5 minutes until browned and then turn on the other side as well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Turn salmon again over so that skin is down. Baste the salmon distrubuting marinade on top of fish.
- Transfer to a preheated oven to 180o C / 350o F and cook for 10 more minutes.
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,