As I said to Gloria:
“Gloria, this was the first e-mail I checked today and it’s 7 a.m. I was wondering if I was still sleeping. I am greatly honoured and although I am far away from being an Angel, there is still a drop of humanity left in me so as to care for people less fortunate. Thank you very much for creating this award and I am sure that there are still a lot of “Angels” among us to pass it on”.
I really believe that there are many Angels among you that are worth this award. Some of you may do acts of charity which we don’t even know. So if you do know someone who is worthy of this Award, please pass it on to them.
However, these are the rules:
1. The rules of this award are not to be taken lightly–which means you can’t give it to someone just because they did something really sweet for you.
2. This award is to be given to bloggers that have shown they are angels by doing something humanitarian and heavenly to help others.
3. You don’t have to receive the award in order to give it. Feel free to copy it and bestow it on someone who is worthy of it. If you think they’re an angel, they probably are.
4. The award must be linked to a post about an organization or good cause you would like more people to be aware of.
5. The rules for this award are to be shown when giving the award.
Following the rules that Gloria has set to give it to someone I know that has done something selfless and humanitarian to help others, I am passing on the Angel Award to Bee and Jai of Jugalbandi.
I will not forget all the posts they have made to help late Briana and collect money for her recovery.
They were an inspiration to me and may be what they did made me think that I should also do something to help others in need.
Would you like to help?
You can help spread the word about BloggerAid by blogging about it, by putting the badge on your blog, so that others will also find out about it, or by hosting or participating in a monthly foodie event. This month, Giz of Equal Opportunity Kitchen, is holding our first fund raiser Event. You can participate either by submitting a recipe and/or by purchasing lovely items created by Giz, such as angel key chains, bookmarks and cell phone charms, a substantial amount of the profits of which will go to the World Food Program.
Some of our friends have expressed their wish to give an object which we can auction and we have already started collecting such objects. If you think you have something you want to donate you can join BloggerAid and read “How can I contribute?” Tell us about the object you want to donate and upload a picture so that others may also see it as well.
We shall let you know when the objects will be auctioned and of course the money collected will go to the World Food Program.