The World Food Day was celebrated on the 16th October and we had a lovely roundup with lots of entries. My blog sister Val, of More than Burnt Toast, and I wish to thank you all for participating and bringing awareness to your readers about the hunger problems that exist around the world and which seem to be getting worse day after day, after this huge worldwide economic crisis.
The question is have we done enough with one event? My answer would be no as hunger does not end with an event.
Val and I have decided that we should continue bringing awareness and we are still working on how we can continue to increase awareness and understanding and take action to do all we can year round to alleviate hunger.
This event will not be a repetition of the same thing every month so we want each one of you to be involved as well, not only by posting but also by becoming ambassadors in your own country. Hunger is not a matter of the Third World but it is a next-door matter and without exaggerations we might be next. So, if anyone would like to be an ambassador for a future event please email us at event.wfd [at] gmail [dot] com.
As a first step, we are joining forces with another friend: Giz, of Equal Opportunity Kitchen. We have discussed certain ideas, which we are still working on, and as soon as we have concrete ideas we will let you know.
Until then and because November is the month of Thanksgiving we as Foodies have more reasons to be thankful as we not only have food to survive on but food to blog about. I know that Thanksgiving is celebrated in the United States but that does not mean that bloggers from Australia, India, China, New Zealand, Africa, Europe or in whichever part of the world you live in, do not have reasons to be thankful.
So even if Thanksgiving is not celebrated worldwide, it’s a great start to begin being thankful for what we have. We shall prepare anything we like, something festive (not necessarily expensive) and it may be a main dish, a side dish a salad or a dessert and alongside the food we shall also be glad, to hear why you are thankful and any other story you wish to share with us related to this subject.
For those who are celebrating you may wish to share one of your prized recipes or even decorating ideas for the holiday, or to recommend things that have worked for you, or great tips you’ve gleaned elsewhere. The roundup will be posted a few days before Thanksgiving to give you time to prepare yourselves for the celebration.
To join us in this event this is what you need to do:
1) Prepare a dish, which you consider festive and tell us why you are thankful for what you have. It can be a main dish, a side dish, a salad or a dessert.
2) Include the logo for this event and please make sure to place a link back to this announcement page so that more people can find out about this event and hopefully participate.
3) E-mail your entry to event.wfd [at] gmail [dot] com, with “WFD – Time to be thankful” as the subject line and just copy and complete the following details:
My Name and country of origin:
My Blog Name:
My Blog URL:
My Recipe Name:
My Recipe URL:
I attach a photograph of final dish (not bigger than 300 pixels wide)
A short description of what your dish is about and something you would like to say about why you are thankful, that will appear in the round-up.
4) The deadline for this event is midnight (in whichever part of the world you are) of November 19th, 2008. The round-up will be posted the next day, so that you will have ample of time ahead of you to get prepared.
5) There is no limit to the number of entries. If you don’t have a blog but wish to participate in this event, send your entries with a picture, your name and recipe to event.wfd [at] gmail [dot] com before the deadline. We will post the recipes with your picture in our blog and include it in the round-up.
Can’t wait to see your entries!
Friday 14th of November 2008
I like this event Ivy. Great idea. I'll see if I can come up with something that feels worthy.
Wednesday 12th of November 2008
I just sent in my entry Ivy.
Sunday 9th of November 2008
I'll definitely send you a festive recipe,Ivy:)
Thursday 6th of November 2008
I'm thinking to submit an entry for this, Ivy. Haven't found the right time yet. I wish you the best.
Friday 31st of October 2008
Just posted something for WFD Ivy...xoxoxo