Since I discovered a little shop near my house selling Asian products, I have bought some spices and try to experiment with them, as I loved their taste from the very first time.
I tried to find a recipe at some of my Indian friends’ blogs or other friends’ blogs cooking Indian food but most of them seem to be Vegetarian so I didn’t find anything for me to cook the chicken breasts.
As always I like to experiment and if something comes out good I post about it. I’ve had some failures but don’t we all? That’s the fun of cooking. Making your own creations and waiting for your family to try them and express their opinion. And the verdict is: THEY LOVED IT. If only you could smell it!
I prefer to buy whole chicken breasts which I fillet and then boil the skin and bones and make my own chicken broth in order to boil the rice in the broth.
This simple and flavourful grilled chicken recipe is fit for any diet. The marinade tenderizes the meat to create a juicy end result your whole family will love.
You still have lots of time to submit your recipes.
Indian Style Chicken
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Grilling time: 20 -30 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts (from 2 chickens)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- ½ tablespoon chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 spoonfuls of lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cut chicken breasts in smaller pieces and place in a bowl, together with all ingredients and let them marinate for 2 – 3 hours or even more. I prepared it early in the morning.
- You can either grill, barbecue or roast until golden brown. When grilling, use the marinade to baste the chicken each time you turn it over.
- Serve with basmati rice, steamed vegetables and lime wedges.
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!