This time of the year I don’t feel like posting any other recipes than cookies or cakes so I’ve opened my file and found lots of recipes I made throughout the year and I think this would be the best time to post them.
I am starting with one recipe which I made last Christmas but did not manage to post and which are a real temptation. Even the Angels think so!!
Peanut butter cookies with raspberry jam
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: about 15 – 20 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons raspberry jam
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. In a bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the mixer bowl, blend 11/2 cup of the peanut butter with the butter on medium speed. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until smooth, about 10 minutes. Beat in the eggs until incorporated. Stir in the reserved flour mixture until just combined. Make small balls and then flatten to 4 centimetres diameter cookies and ½ centimetres thick and lay them about 6 centimetres apart on 2 lined baking tins.
- Using your thumb (I used the back of the mallet) gently press the centre of each cookie. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of jam into each centre.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 20 minutes. They will still be soft if you touch them. Remove to a rack and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat together the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter and the confectioners’ sugar. Whisk in the milk, a little at a time, until the frosting reaches a good consistency for piping and pipe the frosting over the cookies.