This easy to make peach tart is made with a buttery pie crust, a cream cheese filling and baked peaches on top.
Sometimes when I go to the farmers’ market I get carried away and buy more things that we can eat and this is why I wanted to make a tart, as I had a lot of peaches and grapes to use.
Would you believe that this is the first time I am making a tart? I was kind of afraid to try making tarts and although I bought a tart pan many years ago, I never used it.
After reading some recipes, I saw it was quite easy, so I decided it was about time to make my first attempt. See step by step instructions here. (You will be seeing more recipes soon, as I have already made two more).
For the filling and topping I already decided what to do before finding a recipe.
At the beginning I planned to use only peaches but the tart looked empty so I filled in the gaps with the grapes and this makes it look and taste even better, but if you don’t have any, just add the peaches.
Instead of following the directions to place crust weights on the crust and bake it for 25 minutes I baked it together with the filling for about 1 hour until golden brown and filling was almost set.
I am send this recipe to Bee and Jai of Jugalbandi, whose theme for their month’s Click Event is crusts.
I am also sending this recipe to Sophie, of Key Ingredient’s Kick Cooks Kitchen, who are hosting an event on Apples or Peaches
- 1 ½ cups (210 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated white sugar
- ½ cup (113 grams) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 300 grams cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 spoonfuls granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 50 grams granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) ground cinnamon
- 2 peaches peeled and cut into slices
- 1/3 cup sultana grapes
- In a bowl place the flour and sugar.
- Pulse to blend together.
- Add butter and pulse until dough just begins to come together. Pat the dough onto the bottom of a 22 cm tart pan and up the sides of the pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator while you make the filling.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix well. Blend in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Remove the crust from the fridge and pour in the filling. Return to refrigerator while you prepare the topping.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon on top of the sliced peaches and mix.
- Add the cream and then arrange the fruit on top.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and place rack in center of oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour until golden brown and filling has set.
- Remove from the oven and place on wire rack to cool.
- Leftovers can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 317Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 86mgSodium 169mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 7g
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,