Coriander (cilantro) Pesto with Cashews
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 ½ cups coriander leaves, stems cut
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup cashews or other nuts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup grated graviera or halloumi (or other cheese)
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper
- Put the cashews, garlic and a few tablespoons of olive oil and pulse.
- Add the cilantro leaves and pulse adding a few tablespoons of olive oil each time and keep pulsing until you get the right consistency. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add cheese and mix.
Farfalle with mushrooms, Coriander Pesto and cashews
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 250 grams farfalle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, finely chopped
- A handful cashews, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- 3 – 4 tbsp cilantro pesto
- Boil pasta al dente, according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil and sauté garlic and just before it becomes to brown add the mushrooms and the fresh herbs and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add cashews and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Drain pasta and add, as well as pesto and mix.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve while it is still hot.
Kopiaste and Kai Orexi!