A delicious Peach Pavlova, which is guilt free, with less calories, as Greek yoghurt is mixed in the whipped cream, making it lighter but even more delicious! The meringues or mpezedes, as we call them in Greek, which were flavoured with citrus essence, are very aromatic and melt in your mouth, making this dessert exceptional.
Going through my files this morning, I saw this recipe I made before leaving from Athens and thought I should share it while there are still fresh, juicy peaches in the market.
If you want to use canned peaches this is fine and it becomes the easiest dessert you can make in less than fifteen minutes and it is very delicious. All you need to do is whip the heavy cream and combine it with the other ingredients.
Greek yoghurt is so good, so you can eat it for breakfast, as a snack or for a light dinner.
Peach Pavlova with Yoghurt and Honey, recipe by Ivy
Serves: 4 – 5
- 500 ml of Greek strained yoghurt 2%
- 500 ml of heavy cream
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp Greek honey or more if you want it sweeter
- 1 can (420 gr. net weight) of peach compote
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 20 meringues (see apple meringue galette)
- ½ cup roasted walnuts or pecans
- Whip the cream with icing sugar until soft peaks are formed (see step by step instructions). Add vanilla and mix.
- Combine yoghurt with whipped cream. Add honey and mix.
- Add the fruit, reserving some for the decoration and mix it in with a spoon.
- In a large bowl add layers of meringue and yoghurt cream. Continue until all the ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle the roasted walnuts on top and decorate with peach slices.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,