The Savory Pies Event was a huge success, so it would be a pity not to feature an Event with Sweet Pies as well. I want to thank all of you for your participation.
This time there will also be a prize involved and I shall decide later on whether there will be a voting or if a winner will be chosen by a random draw. The prize will be the Chef’s Knife of the Chef Pro Series of Tupperware®, a prize that any Foodie would love to have in their kitchen.
So what are you waiting for? Pull up your sleeves, take out your rolling pin and make any kind of phyllo pastry and fill it with a sweet filling. You don’t have to be a pro to make pies. Phyllo in Greek, means a sheet (in this case a sheet of pastry) which will be used with the filling of your choice. Ready-made phyllo, is welcome, so the only thing you have to do is get creative and make your pies.
Pies can be either “filled”, where a dish is covered by pastry and the filling is placed on top of that, “top-crust,” where the filling is placed in a dish and covered with a pastry top before baking, or “two-crust,” with the filling completely enclosed in the pastry shell. Pies can be a variety of sizes and shapes, ranging from bite-size to ones designed for multiple servings.
Some Guidelines to Follow:
1. Prepare a dish that features a Sweet Pie and post it in your blog during October, 2008. (If you have posted a Sweet pie recipe on the 1st and 2nd October, these entries will be acceptable if you send an e-mail by the 3rd of October).
2.Include the logo for this event and please make sure to place a link back to this announcement page so that more people may find out about it.
3. E-mail your entry to eventforpies [at] gmail [dot] com, with Sweet Pies as the subject line with the following details.
* Your Name and country of origin
* Blog Name
* Blog URL
* Recipe Name
* Recipe URL
* Photograph of final pie (not bigger than 400 pixels wide). If you don’t know how to do that don’t worry, I shall do it for you.
* A short description of what your pie is about, that will appear in the round-up, will be much appreciated
4. The deadline for this event is midnight (in whichever part of the world you live in) of October 31st, 2008. The round-up will be posted a few days later.
5. In case there will be a draw, although there is no limit to the number of entries, the participant will be eligible only to one number for the draw.
6. Non bloggers can also participate, if they like, but there will be a different Tupperware Product as a prize for them. So, If you don’t have a blog but wish to participate in this event, send your entries with a picture, your name and recipe to eventforpies [at] gmail [dot] com before the deadline. I will post the recipes with your picture in my blog and include it in the round-up.