Several days ago I gave you a recipe for a Birthday cake which I called Black Temptation. Today I am going to give you a similar recipe with similar ingredients but have made a few changes and the taste is completely different.
- You need a sponge cake (see recipe). Add 1 tbsp lemon zest.
- Pastry cream: Half the recipe given and In the cream add 175 grams dark chocolate. When the cream sets add the chocolate and mix. Do not add the butter.
- Whipping cream: 2 doses of Whipping Cream . You can add 2 tbsp cocoa or 175 grams melted chocolate in it, which however you will have to mix continuously until it cools, before mixing it with the whipped cream. I added cocoa.
- Decorate with 1/2 cup blanched and roasted almonds. After blanching, split in two and roast in oven until slightly golden, while you are preheating oven to bake the sponge cake.
- Decorate with a green bitter orange preserve and use some of its syrup to wet the sponge cake.
I made this cake for my husband on his name day. The photo does not do it any justce. It really tasted better than it looks.